New Patient Information
Our office wants to help you get your insurance benefits. Although our office does not participate in insurance plans, we provide you with the procedure and diagnostic codes required for you to submit for "out of plan" reimbursement. This usually is sufficient. Where insurance plans require further information or extended discussions, our staff will help you work with your insurance company. We charge a very modest pro-rated fee for the staff time involved.
We have no financial interest in any lab test including mail away specialty tests. Our objective is to help you obtain the testing you need as conveniently and as inexpensively as you can.
Please call our office to book appointments:
- To book an appointment in the Summit, NJ Office call 908-273-7770 or fax 908-273-7778
To book an appointment in the Somerset, NJ Office call 908-273-7770 or fax 732-565-9225
1) Prior to your first visit, please complete our new patient information forms and return them to our office. You may call our office to request a copy of the forms via mail or print them directly from this website:
You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print the PDF file. Click the icon below to download Acrobat Reader if you do not already have it installed on your computer.
2) When you complete the history form, be sure you include the separate pages that ask in detail about your past medical treatments and prior lab tests. This is almost always very important information. Also, gather pertinent lab, x-ray reports, consultation letters, etc. so we can review the entire record as we prepare for your visit.
3) Mail the new patient forms. We will attempt to contact you to set up an appointment when we receive your forms. Please be sure that your phone number and/or email address is correct. If our response to you is delayed, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Note: We must have the completed questionnaire before we can book an appointment. We prefer you send us the lab reports with the questionnaire. However, as a practical matter, it’s often best to send the questionnaire first while you continue to gather the lab records.
By obtaining the questionnaire first, we can review it as we prepare for your visit. Most of our patients have complex problems. The time involved in getting organized is well worth the (substantial) effort.
4. We ask you to send a $150 deposit with your questionnaire. This is to hold your place. We schedule 1.5 hours of the physician’s time and additional time with the nurse educator. You might imagine the difficulty that results if a new patient fails to show.
If you must cancel, we will refund your deposit provided that you give at least 7 days notice. After 7 days, if you have not rescheduled the doctor will have already devoted time carefully reviewing your case and the deposit is, therefore, non-refundable.